What is Betadine?
• Betadine Powder is used for Wound infection, Wound infections, Abrasions, Minor cuts, Vaginal infection, Blisters, Infection in wounds, Oral hygiene, Burns, Grazes and other conditions. Betadine Powder may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
• Betadine Powder contains Povidone Iodine as an active ingredient.
• Betadine Powder works by liberating iodine in contact with the skin.
Betadine Powder is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms :
• Wound infection
• Wound infections
• Minor cuts
• Vaginal infection
• Infection in wounds
• Oral hygiene
• Oral thrush
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Betadine Powder. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
• Metabolic acidosis
• Impairment of renal function
• Conjunctival hyperemia
• Superficial punctate keratitis
• Hypersensitivity reactions
• Yellow coloration of the conjunctiva
• Anaphylactic reaction
• Hypothyroidism in neonates
• Reversible transient brown coloration
Precautions & How to Use
Before using Betadine Powder, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
• Consult your doctor if skin rash and itching occurs
• Do not use povidone iodine solution without consulting the doctor
• Keep this drug out of reach from children
• Use : External use only
• Pack Size : 30 gm
• Form : Powder
• Purity : 100%
• Medicine Type : Allopathic
• Storage : Cool & Dry Place